Blockchain Audit Services
After 17 years of buying, building, and negotiating infrastructure; and 6 years of helping cryptocurrency operations, RampRate is uniquely qualified to audit and validate a blockchain project / ICO for:
- Proof of presence – hosting, server, network, and software infrastructure to prove that the blockchain has been deployed on infrastructure capable of processing transactions at scale.
- Fit to purpose – that the infrastructure and software you have built can support (or scale to support) the design outlined in your white paper and marketing materials.
- Scale, latency, and resiliency – that the design you are contemplating will perform under a variety of network and facility conditions, including outages and unforeseen latency fluctuations.
- Security and QA – white hat penetration testing, identification of unpatched vulnerabilities in the software stack, misalignment between intent and execution of a smart contract, and identification of bugs.
- Financial soundness – KYC / AML of funding sources and major customers; collateralization analysis for stablecoins
With a 3-8 week review we can present an attestation of the all or a subset of these elements in an objective report for one or more of the following audiences:
- Blockchain / ICO operators to execute better, prove the soundness of their roadmap to current / prospective investors, customers, developers, and partners, and limit the impact of perceived operational risk on their valuation
- Current & prospective investors in ICOs to validate the soundness of their investment, maximize the chance of a positive outcome, and react promptly if their investments are at risk of fraud or poor execution
- Regulators and exchanges that need to ensure the soundness of a coin before allowing it to be traded within their sphere of control
This attestation can be delivered publicly or privately; in writing or an on-site presentation. To ensure that our attestation is not misused, all subsequent citations must include the entire document or an approved extract.
- White paper clarity and thoroughness on infrastructure design
- Implementation plan for primary ledger nodes (and witness nodes is design is multi-tier)
- Match of white paper to implementation plan
- Maturity of technical planning processes
- Verification of commercial relationships with hosting, network, and hardware suppliers
- Verification of specific contracts for each of the nodes
- Verification of hardware purchase & delivery documents
- Verification of ledger node accessibility via public network and/or VPN
- Assessment of reputation of selected blockchain framework (if pre-existing)
- Depth of modifications to blockchain framework
- Physical infrastructure fit to planned and current transaction volume
- Scalability of infrastructure contracts
- Maturity of software code implementation
- Performance under simulated real-world conditions
- Performance under simulated stress conditions such as outages and undersea fiber cuts previously seen
- Performance under simulated extreme stress conditions such as major natural disasters
- Penetration testing
- Smart contract audit to ensure it is performing what both parties intend for it to perform
- Bug identification
- Financial due diligence on major transactions and funding sources
- Asset backing of a stablecoin
- Internal findings outlining potential deficiencies for comment and correction
- External findings including your comments / responses / remediation plans for any deficiencies
- Your team has the option to delay or stop publication if initial review is unfavorable
- Delivery and Q&A to an investor, client, and/or developer audience (remote or in-person)
“RampRate has been my most reliable global resource and is ready to perform for us at a moment’s notice. Their inside knowledge and ability to handle high-level complex negotiations helped us move fast! They made scaling easier.”
Paul Sams, COO, Blizzard Entertainment
“For over a dozen years, RampRate helped my companies understand the differences between suppliers and worked with us to create the methodology, define the metrics and utilize the proper QoS tools needed to choose the supplier best suited to our needs or restructuring through tailoring solutions. RampRate knows this business better than anyone. We literally saved months of time and optimized our infrastructure spend time and time again. They saved us millions, created agility and new budget out of thin air.” We use them to source or renegotiate cloud, CDN, data center, telecom, software, and strategic initiatives.
Phil Wiser, CTO Hearst, formerly of Sony and Liquid Audio
“I knew I was leaving a bit on the table in our outsourced contracts. But the corporate mandate is growth and innovation, and when further contract improvement seemed to be marginal, my team’s first priorities had to move elsewhere. We can count on RampRate to be precise, timely and create millions in value.”
Dean Nelson, Vice President of Global Foundation Services, eBay
“I have had the pleasure of working with the crew at RampRate several times. Each time they have saved significant time in negotiating and closing contracts for data center space, telecom and managed services, which provided at least 20% savings over what we could have done alone and certainly cut processes in half. Tony and team are extremely knowledgeable in this space and always bring innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to the table.”
Michael Montalto, Accenture
With 128 million active users globally, eBay is one of the world's largest online marketplaces where practically anyone can buy and sell practically anything. Founded in 1995, eBay connects a diverse and passionate ...
RampRate delivers expert, transformative technology cost savings and optimization services. We reduce risk by refining client and supplier relationships, aggregating service provider data...
We compare your current contract and service requirements with market norms for service level agreements, contract terms, and prices. We sign a mutual NDA . We review contracts, SLA’s, ....
Are you running more and more workloads on a Cloud Platform? Are your Cloud costs climbing out of control? Are you wasting money on idle or inefficiently deployed virtual machine instances, storage...
We would be happy to share with you our experiences and help you understand
the potential opportunities involved in achieving your goals.