Managed Services Outsourcing
Whether you need next-generation RIM for your hybrid cloud or are consolidating TEM platforms, our in-depth architecture and service provider sourcing knowledge gets you there faster and smarter.
Our managed services and cloud pricing, benchmarking, sourcing and procurement practice gives you accurate, competitive pricing and service level (SLA) information for your next managed services procurement decision.
We have identified and actualized millions in savings for buyers of remote and local managed services of application management and full-service hosting.
If you are looking for advisory services for managed services /cloud decisions, call RampRate for benchmarking, sourcing and procurement advice on in-house shared services, on-shore, off-shore, and hybrid managed services pricing models; as well as managed services payment models ranging from per-transaction and revenue share to simple hourly services.
As a result of using our proprietary SPY Index™ for real-world vendor data, RampRate’s managed services pricing benchmark successes include:
- Identified up to 51% cost reduction by moving from a shared services architecture to an outsourced cloud model, while shoring up the current in-house services with a stronger SLA
- Removed more than 90% of hourly billed project charges and established clear delineation for in-scope vs. out-of-scope services, reducing ongoing costs by more than $4M per year
- Oversaw a successful major restructuring of an e-commerce website with a move to a fully outsourced cloud model charged on a per-transaction basis, resulting in increased uptime and decreased support costs
- Provided full cost certainty for advanced remote DBA services, while enabling the client to reduce its budget by 30%
- Our managed services and cloud practice’s client roster includes top names in retail, publishing, financial services, and high tech
Benchmarking, Sourcing & Procurement
Managed services and cloud utility are the most complex disciplines in the IT sourcing landscape. Key challenges for transforming your business using best-in-class outsourced infrastructure include:
- Complex in-source vs. outsource decisions:
With hundreds of cost and service quality dimensions, the initial decision to outsource can be fraught with risk.
- Variety of approaches:
Options range from full-service outsourcing to local and remote device management to narrowly targeted professional services (e.g. remote DBA), and end-user support provided by domestic, near shore or offshore managed services providers.
- Dozens of pricing models:
Unlike other IT outsourcing disciplines, non-traditional pricing strategies such as revenue share, SLA-driven compensation, and both hourly and per device / instance fees open opportunities for optimization of existing arrangements.
- Long path to support of critical processes
Installation and ramp-up timelines are often measured in months, and lack of documentation and/or resistance to change on the part of incumbents – internal and external alike – can undermine the process at critical junctures. The impact of positive change can be staggering in terms of cost, service uptime, process visibility / transparency, metrics, and the ability of IT to absorb and respond to business needs. The downside can be crippling, with many instances of high frustration and near-insurmountable switching costs.
RampRate gives you an ally in the complex process of benchmarking, sourcing and procurement of your managed services.