How RampRate is different from consultants, advisors, analysts, brokers, agents, and others:
- Data – we’ve compiled price, capacity, and performance data through 14 years of working with 100+ customers and 1000+ suppliers. We know the questions to ask – and most of the answers — before we get started.
- Planning accuracy – having that data and the skills to turn it into accurate trend models that adjust for location, scale, performance, etc. means that our forecasts are usually within 5%-10% of the final outcome.
- Transparency – unlike many “black box” negotiators, especially in the telecom world, we give you weekly updates and informed choices to make at every juncture.
- Auditability – RampRate’s process leaves a detailed audit trail of exactly how each decision was made, leaving our clients bulletproof against inquiries from their managers and boards.
- Objectivity – RampRate is neutral among all suppliers, with no quotas or volume commitments to meet. If you choose to allow a supplier to pay us a referral fee, it will be a uniform one that’s disclosed to you in detail and discounts (or refunds) your up-front project fees.
- Multifaceted analysis — selecting a provider and a product set is about more than minimizing costs, risks, time, or complexity. It’s about balancing all of those and many more in a way that puts every exec on your team on the same page. Our scorecards do just that by mapping each exec’s priorities to every IT service quality dimension possible and producing a clear recommendation of the best option.
- Infrastructure experts — our team comes from providers, users, and consultants. We know data centers, networks, CDN, and support services through hundreds of deals and nuances and can identify and eliminate problems before they arise.
- Sales cost reduction – why do the top telcos globally hire us to review their pricing and internal cost? We’re not just better negotiators with better data – we also cut your provider’s cost of serving you so they can pass on the savings. Our process replaces expensive multi-tier sales organizations with objective forms; 1-2 year sales cycles with 2-month closing; ill-fitting and unclear RFPs with perfectly pre-qualified opportunities; and a drawn-out legal process with pre-templated best practices contracts.
- Inside knowledge of what makes providers tick – we know quotas and bonuses; what products are strategic; what they consider good business and bad business; what they like and don’t like about working with you. This allows us to negotiate based on their interests, not just their asks.
- Lifetime support — we are part of every deal we negotiate for the lifetime of the contract – not just as a matchmaker, but as a marriage counselor. If your needs change or there’s a missed promise / dispute of any kind, we are there to support, mediate, and even find an exit path.
- Flexible, performance-based pay — we don’t take hourly fees to prolong analysis paralysis. Instead, we take a mix of flat-rate project fees and performance-based fees tied to savings or other success measures that is fine-tuned to the way you measure project success.
- A track record with companies you know — the cream of the crop – eBay, Microsoft, Sony, Intel, CBS, Blizzard, Riot Games, JP Morgan Chase, and dozens of others – have looked to RampRate for advice. Maybe they know something.
- Reputation management for IT services — if a provider takes advantage of you, everyone will know. That’s why our clients can be secure in the knowledge that the spirit of the deal, and not just the letter of the contract, will be followed throughout.
Dean Nelson, Vice President of Global Foundation Services, eBay
“I knew I was leaving a bit on the table in our outsourced contracts. But the corporate mandate is growth and innovation, and when further contract improvement seemed to be marginal, my team’s first priorities had to move elsewhere. We can count on RampRate to be precise, timely and create millions in value.”
Vice President of Global Foundation ServiceseBay
Phil Wiser, former CTO, Sony Corporation of America
“RampRate helped us understand the differences between vendors and worked with us to create the methodology, define the metrics and utilize the proper QoS tools needed to choose the vendor best suited to our needs. RampRate knows this business better than anyone. We literally months of time and found the right provider.”
former CTO, Sony Corporation of AmericaSony Corporation of America
Paul Santana, Manager of Data Center Operations, eBay
“RampRate was a risk-free proposition money-wise. If they didn’t save or create us at least twice their initial fee we’d get a full refund. And with 100 big-name clients, there had to be something there. But I was worried that in negotiating lower rates they might undermine my key relationships. When they came in and said they could carve out 27% savings and optimizing contracts, I thought it was impossible without undermining key relationships. But they hit that number and the relationships are stronger than ever.”
Manager of Data Center OperationseBay
Michael Montalto, Accenture
“I have had the pleasure of working with the crew at RampRate several times over the last several years. Each time they have saved significant time in negotiating and closing contracts for data center space and managed services, which provided at least 20% savings over what we could have done alone. The RampRate team are extremely knowledgeable in this space and always bring innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to the table.”
Ian Rodgers – CEO Beats Music
“When we first contacted RampRate, we were happy with our current provider but unsure of their ability to scale with our growth. We turned to RampRate for help in sorting out the market specifically as it relates to our needs for scalability and performance. The difficult part for us was making the final decision to split with our current provider (with whom I’ve done many years of business) or move on the deal RampRate had put together for us. Our previous provider couldn’t touch the price or level of service I was receiving with RampRate and in the end it was a no-brainer. Within 30 hours of our decision-making, we were fully installed and up and running. Not only did RampRate save us an incredible amount of time, resources, and money, but also we know we have the best possible solution for our needs now and far beyond.”