The CDN Market is Changing Rapidly. Are You Keeping Up?
In the last 18 months, new market segments have become competitive, rates have dropped more than usual, and early adopter features have become must-haves to not fall behind. If you’re operating in a 2015 mindset, you’re not only overpaying, but possibly hurting your brand with your clients.
Challenges in Buying CDN
- Overpaying – others may pay ½ to 1/3 for identical service
- Cost control – easy to run up large & unexpected bills
- Performance – milliseconds cost customers & revenue
- Security – DDoS, bots, unauthorized users
- Features – do you have strategies for mobile, rich media, fast content purge?
- Provider selection – who is best for your needs? 1 or 2 CDNs?
RampRate’s CDN Wins
- >$100M in cost reductions on CDN services since 2000
- 48% average savings in the last 2 years (33%-60%+ range)
- Better fit – replacing unused extras with key value-adds
- Provider selection for all use scenarios – retail, media, streaming, large file, events
- Performance improvement via core CDN & adjunct services (measurement, DNS, etc.)
- Load-balancing 2+ CDNs for regional needs, reliability & cost
Most Projects are Funded by Savings We Negotiate For You
Option 1: Quick Fix
• Quick tuning of price, contract terms, features to market
• Demonstrate potential alternatives if CDN is suboptimal
Option 2: 5-Step Full CDN Optimization Process
• Usage trends, stakeholder interviews, performance
• Compare to outcomes with potential alternatives
• CDN vs. hosting; 1 CDN vs. 2-3; optimal service type
• Shortlist of providers that can meet target needs
• Incumbents: right-size; improve flexibility, reduce cost
• New suppliers: verify claims; test-drive; build contract
• From core provider: security / DDoS, support, features
• From 3rd parties: measurement; DNS; advanced security
• Mobile strategies; new regions; new product sets
• Integration with roadmap for hosting / cloud
How do We Get Started?
1. We get 3-13 months of CDN bills; contracts / renewal offers; read-only portal login to review usage; performance data
2. We confirm that we can fund the project with savings and find you wins in other areas you care about (contract, performance, etc.)
3. We design a performance-driven SOW for a quick or full project