The CDN Market is Changing Rapidly.
Are You Keeping Up & Do you Trust Your Vendor?
Our clients report increased confusion with all the new market suppliers
Rates have dropped more than usual, and early adopter features have become must-haves to not fall behind. If you’re operating in a 2015 mindset, you’re not only overpaying, but possibly hurting your brand with your clients with poor performance. We have a simple way to insure you are on track with the right provider/s at the value, including staying with your current vendor.Contact Us
Challenges in Buying CDN
- – Overpaying – others may pay ½ to 1/3 for identical service
- – Cost control – easy to run up large & unexpected bills
- – Performance – milliseconds cost customers & revenue
- – Security – DDoS, bots, unauthorized users
- – Features – do you have strategies for mobile, rich media, fast content purge?
- – Provider selection – who is best for your needs? 1 or 2 CDNs?
RampRate’s CDN Wins
- – >$100M in cost reductions on CDN services since 2000
- – 48% average savings in the last 2 years (33%-60%+ range)
- – Better fit – replacing unused extras with key value-adds
- – Provider selection for all use scenarios – retail, media, streaming, large file, events
- – Performance improvement via core CDN & adjunct services (measurement, DNS, etc.)
- – Load-balancing 2+ CDNs for regional needs, reliability & cost
Most Projects are Funded by Savings We Negotiate For You
Option 1: Quick Fix
• Same or Better CDN for Less
• Quick tuning of price, contract terms, features to market
• Demonstrate potential alternatives if CDN is suboptimal
Option 2: 5-Step Full CDN Optimization
•How Is Your CDN Doing Today?
• Usage trends, stakeholder interviews, performance
• Compare to outcomes with potential alternatives
• Right Architecture for Performance & Cost Goals
• CDN vs. hosting; 1 CDN vs. 2-3; optimal service type
• Shortlist of providers that can meet target needs
• Negotiate Better Deal with Current or New CDN
• Incumbents: right-size; improve flexibility, reduce cost
• New suppliers: verify claims; test-drive; build contract
• Surround with Optimal Complementary Services
• From core provider: security / DDoS, support, features
• From 3rd parties: measurement; DNS; advanced security
Design Future End State for CDN
• Mobile strategies; new regions; new product sets
• Integration with a roadmap for hosting/cloud
How do We Get Started?
- 1. We get 3-13 months of CDN bills; contracts/renewal offers; read-only portal login to review usage; performance data
- 2. We confirm that we can fund the project with savings and find your win in other areas you care about (contract, performance, etc.)
- 3. We design a performance-driven SOW for a quick or full project
- 4. In most cases, you won’t even have to change providers.
CDN Case Studies
Top organizations like Nike, Ticketmaster, Sony, and Tronc reduced costs, improved performance, and reinvested the savings in a better customer experience