Contract Alignment service
After completing the Inform and Interpret steps of the HyperSource.IT process, many RampRate customers find that their existing contracts have fallen out of alignment with their strategic direction, market conditions, risk tolerance, or other dimensions.
The Contract Alignment service works with your existing providers to remedy these gaps mid-contract by using RampRate’s collective buying power, and win-win trade-offs that increase value for both sides.
When You Should Consider Contract Alignment
While RampRate has found success in most of its Contract Alignment engagements, the best outcomes have been achieved on behalf of buyers who:
- Have grown and evolved since contract signing
- Are buying services in rapidly evolving markets (co-lo, cloud Computing, network, wireless, etc.)
- Have a pending event such as growth, consolidation, acquisition, or scale-down / termination
- Are able to work with RampRate on aligning around a single message and rules of engagement
The Contract Alignment process is composed of 6 steps:
- Inform – identify what you’re buying, at what cost, with what terms, and at what performance
- Interpret – compare to market and ideal outcomes
- Optimize – build leverage by defining the “carrots and sticks” to be used in a negotiation, and add in RampRate’s collective buying power
- Execute – map trade-offs – work with providers to identify their wins and priorities for a true value exchange – e.g. moving away from legacy services to newer ones or giving back capacity they can resell for more
- Negotiate – use time-tested strategies for growing the pie and ensuring you get a larger slice
- Implement – ensure that agreed-on improvements are in the final contract and project the impact in terms of savings, performance, and risk improvement.
How Much It Costs
The Contract Alignment service is fully performance-based, with a guarantee of a 300%+ return on each dollar invested. It is composed of an up-front payment (the Project Fee), which is refundable if the process is completed without a result, and a share of the savings or other return on the project.
Sales cost reduction
We’re not just better negotiators with better data – we also cut your provider’s cost of serving you so they can pass on the savings. Our process often replaces expensive multi-tier sales organizations with objective forms; 1-2 year sales cycles with 2-month closing; ill-fitting and unclear RFPs with perfectly pre-qualified opportunities; and a drawn-out legal process with pre-templated best practices contracts.
- All flavors of hosting, ranging from wholesale data centers to managed hosting and cloud
- Public and private cloud computing and storage in IaaS and PaaS delivery models
- Data networking, including both IP transit and data transport services such as PLC, MPLS, etc.
- Content delivery network services, including core delivery and value-added services
- Telecommunications, including switched and packet-based landline and mobile
- Server and desktop support services, including remote infrastructure management (RIM)
As a master contractor working with targeted partners: