View our client success stories to learn how RampRate has both slashed costs, risk and time from complex infrastructure sourcing projects or refined their future with our strategy services.
- Los Angeles, CA
- About Shopzilla:
- Shopzilla, Inc., is a leading source for connecting buyers and sellers online. Reaching a global audience of over 40 million shoppers each month through both its destination Web sites and affiliate network, Shopzilla connects shoppers with over 100 million products from tens of thousands of retailers a month. Shopzilla, Inc., manages a premier portfolio of online shopping brands in the US and Europe, consisting of Bizrate, Beso, Shopzilla, Retrevo, TaDa, PrixMoinsCher, and SparDeinGeld, as well as a series of B2B businesses including Bizrate Insights, Shopzilla Publisher Program, and a display and audience targeting division, Aisle A. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, the company operates sites and business services in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, and Germany. Shopzilla, Inc., is owned by Symphony Technology Group (STG).
- With a portfolio of shopping Web sites offering a robust price comparison service, Shopzilla sites had attracted over 19 million unique visitors in the US alone by 2009.
- Continued growth coupled with a mission to enable shoppers to find, compare, and buy anything, sold by virtually anyone, anywhere—combined with continued growth in the US and Europe—meant that data colocation would be critical to success.
- Shopzilla had multiple service complaints and contractual issues with its colocation provider in the US, and was concerned that its SLAs and contract terms were inadequate.
- At the same time, Shopzilla needed to identify optimal colo sites in the EU.
- Shopzilla turned to RamRate for help and realized optimization in areas it never thought possible.
- In just 9 weeks, achieved 7-figure savings in mid-contract renegotiation with incumbent colo supplier—equivalent to 28% savings over the previous contract.
- Negotiated and realized strong protections in new contract against the kinds of service level problems experienced in the past.
- Consolidated multiple service orders into one coterminous contract.
- Obtained multiple offers for data center and bandwidth in London during time of scarcity due to Olympics and financial crisis.
- Helped Shopzilla determine that colo in the EU was not necessary, thus saving nearly $2 million in unnecessary colo expense.
The subsequent savings, SLA/business term improvements, and intangible advantages achieved were all derived from a common source— RampRate’s data-driven sourcing process. This process bypasses the high-cost direct sales organization and procures IT services at wholesale rates while using industry cost benchmarks and best practices to ensure maximum client advantage. Through proprietary tools and internal expertise, RampRate achieved results for Shopzilla in just 9 weeks.