Find your perfect cloud. We tailor your IaaS and PaaS deployments for your application workloads to minimize cost, risk and time to scale.
RampRate minimizes the costs and risks you’ll face as you move to cloud technology.
You can count on RampRate to identify the appropriate projects to migrate to the cloud. We compare the true costs of internal solutions, managed services, virtualization/private cloud, public cloud offerings, and advanced CDN solutions.
Yet even as cloud Technology continues to revolutionize IT, enterprises still rely heavily on remote data centers for the bulk of the workload. RampRate’s stable of colo suppliers includes the most modern high-density, high-efficiency facilities.
We quantify the impact of your colocation choice by leveraging our in-depth vendor profiles and pricing information. And unlike other sourcing advisors, we renegotiate mid-term contracts—yes, in mid-term.
Learn more about how our cloud HyperSourcing solutions help you find your perfect cloud.
RampRate is ready to help you build a safe, enterprise-grade migration path – whether you’re contemplating your first pilot project or building on past successes.
The promise of cloud seems as enticing as it is simple: turn on the tap and watch computer power and storage flow in. The reality is much more complex, with unexpected costs and risks.
When used correctly, cloud solutions can lead to advantages, including:
- Reduced need for extensive planning cycles
- Cost reductions for compute and storage intensive projects
- Lower investment in slack capacity for 364 days to be ready on your peak day
- Identify the projects that have the right risk profile and design for cloud
- Compare true costs of internal solutions, managed hosting, virtualization / private cloud, public clouds like Amazon, Rackspace, Terremark, and advanced CDN solutions.
- Build the right forecast model to prevent budget overruns
- Negotiate a custom SLA with your vendor to ensure enterprise-scale protection
Cutting Through Cloud Technology Confusion
When it comes to IT infrastructure and the cloud, you’re bombarded by conflicting messages – and by the demands your stakeholders, clients and constituencies are making based on those claims. Does the cloud change everything? Or are stories of multi-day cloud outages and migration nightmares the new normal? Getting clarity and the metrics for sound business decision making requires asking yourself, your team, and your suppliers some hard questions:
- Get beyond cloud provider marketing claims to real performance rankings
- Ensure a rock-solid business case with all reasonable alternatives considered
- Minimize cost, time, and risk in buying cloud/IaaS services
- Command an expanded view of cloud’s potential impact and fit of your workloads
The confusion works to the advantage of Iaas and Cloud service providers. There is an opportunity for making large margins when buyers don’t fully understand what they were sold in relation to what their business really needs. RampRate brings clarity, speed, and value to this entire process. We use transactional approach process and methodology to optimize your spend, reduce risk, and provide objective scientific method. Balanced score-carding data reduces friction in the worlds’ compute marketplace across suppliers and buyers.
We Help You Think Out Of the IT Box
We are able to normalize and compare all the different resource pools of IaaS layers so that you know exactly how much each resource pool is costing to run a given application workload or web service. How much more efficient would your IT services budget become knowing the true cost of placing that workload on that resource pool for efficiency and planning purposes within a 2% margin of error before you plan a migration?
- Do you see infrastructure as an immovable asset in your company?
- Would you be interested in a way to drastically reduce your risk and hedge your IT investments by selling back any unused needs back to an open market?
- Would you like to have your on-premise computing services all billed as a monthly utility being charged only for actual use?
We can show you the monthly cost savings and 48 Month TCO analyses on Capex-Depreciation vs. Capital Lease vs. Operating Lease vs. the new Utility Lease to help make that decision. For planning purposes, if you identified a preferred compute service provider but a new supplier has proven better service, better historical uptime, and more extensible service offerings, and they are better at running your workloads types would you switch? More importantly, would you switch if they cost 33% less per month?
How would you know how much less to change the winner to the new provider without these facts? In the public compute provider market, which may house some of your workloads that make sense today, would you ever place those workloads on a commercial excess supply set of IaaS resources? This is the excess supply of large corporations, universities, Internet scale companies, and cloud provider’s older/excess inventory.
Would you place some workloads here if the price were 30%, 50%, or 75% less than you are paying the big public cloud providers today? Do you know how to consume or pay for this excess supply that is massive and available today? Knowing these critical factors is exactly what RampRate does.
Specifically, Why Look to RampRate?
- Your business and IT directors can run strategic ‘what if’ scenarios, creating a realistic business case for placing the workloads that make sense on the cloud. These scenarios show proof of an actual $ amount of savings and which vendors are proven to deliver the best price for performance ratios before negotiations begin. And we can work with you to accomplish this task in 5-10 days instead of 6 months.
- You will know how much that application workload set of virtual machines is costing you per month to run today, and you will have a conclusive hard-fact-backed report with charts, graphs, and vendor rankings showing you the comparison of your costs to the other 5 deployment models (private, public, multi-zone, on-prem, hybrid) and the industry average in 1-5 days.
There is a way to restructure your current cloud service provider’s payment models and optimize product to cut some provider costs in half while increasing your agility to move providers whenever you feel like it. You do not have to be tied in for 6 months or 12 months. We will help you make sure that the service is not only structured well with the right providers, but that the contract terms you signed with the network, datacenter, and cloud providers are aligned to satisfy the current and long term service direction you need to succeed and grow.
Phil Wiser, former CTO, Sony Corporation of America
“RampRate helped us understand the differences between vendors and worked with us to create the methodology, define the metrics and utilize the proper QoS tools needed to choose the vendor best suited to our needs. RampRate knows this business better than anyone. We literally months of time and found the right provider.”
Ian Rodgers – CEO Beats Music
“When we first contacted RampRate, we were happy with our current provider but unsure of their ability to scale with our growth. We turned to RampRate for help in sorting out the market specifically as it relates to our needs for scalability and performance. The difficult part for us was making the final decision to split with our current provider (with whom I’ve done many years of business) or move on the deal RampRate had put together for us. Our previous provider couldn’t touch the price or level of service I was receiving with RampRate and in the end it was a no-brainer. Within 30 hours of our decision-making, we were fully installed and up and running. Not only did RampRate save us an incredible amount of time, resources, and money, but also we know we have the best possible solution for our needs now and far beyond.”
Paul Santana, Manager of Data Center Operations, eBay
“RampRate was a risk-free proposition money-wise. If they didn’t save or create us at least twice their initial fee we’d get a full refund. And with 100 big-name clients, there had to be something there. But I was worried that in negotiating lower rates they might undermine my key relationships. When they came in and said they could carve out 27% savings and optimizing contracts, I thought it was impossible without undermining key relationships. But they hit that number and the relationships are stronger than ever.”
Dean Nelson, Vice President of Global Foundation Services, eBay
“I knew I was leaving a bit on the table in our outsourced contracts. But the corporate mandate is growth and innovation, and when further contract improvement seemed to be marginal, my team’s first priorities had to move elsewhere. We can count on RampRate to be precise, timely and create millions in value.”
Michael Montalto, Accenture
“I have had the pleasure of working with the crew at RampRate several times over the last several years. Each time they have saved significant time in negotiating and closing contracts for data center space and managed services, which provided at least 20% savings over what we could have done alone. The RampRate team are extremely knowledgeable in this space and always bring innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to the table.”